Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Canadian Govt lays multiple charges against Viking Marine - Happy New Year!

Hi folks, it's been a really long time since I last posted - I chose to not post until now, as the Canadian authorities have been working on this, and I did not wish to tip off Viking Boat Lift in any way.

To recap - in April 2010 we paid Viking Marine $4000 US as a deposit for a boat lift. Here we are nearly 3 years later sans the lift or money....

Now to the good news - just prior to Christmas 2012 I was given some fantastic news from the Canadian Ministry of Consumer Services!

They advised me that Bo had been charged, and would be appearing in court shortly.
 

Many, many thanks to the various Canadian and US authorities who worked this investigation - I shall not mention names - you know who you are!!!

If you go to http://www.consumerbeware.mgs.gov.on.ca/catsct/start.do?lang=en and enter viking in the search box - the following comes up:

Name VIKING MARINE INTERNATIONAL INC
Does Business As
Address 23 GARDEN AVENUE
STONEY CREEK, ON L8E 2Y8
Phone # (905) 664-2490 Ext.
Fax (905) 662-8023
Email viking@vikingboatlift.com
Complaints CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 2002, FAILURE TO PROVIDE, UNDER FURTHER REVIEW

CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 2002, FAILURE TO PROVIDE, UNDER FURTHER REVIEW
Administrative Actions / Orders
Charges Laid VIKING MARINE INTERNATIONAL INC

CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 2002 - CPA 2002 - FUTURE PERFORMANCE AGR - FAIL TO REFUND WITHIN 15 DAYS, 6 CHARGES ON 2012/12/19

CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 2002 - CPA 2002 - UNFAIR PRACTICE - FALSE MISLEADING, 6 CHARGES ON 2012/12/19

CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 2002 - CPA 2002 - REMOTE AGR - FAIL TO DISCLOSE THE PRESCRIBED INFORMATION, 6 CHARGES ON 2012/12/19

BO EGGERT MOLLER

CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 2002 - CPA 2002 - FUTURE PERFORMANCE AGR - FAIL TO REFUND WITHIN 15 DAYS, 12 CHARGES ON 2012/12/19

CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 2002 - CPA 2002 - UNFAIR PRACTICE - FALSE MISLEADING, 12 CHARGES ON 2012/12/19

CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 2002 - CPA 2002 - REMOTE AGR - FAIL TO DISCLOSE THE PRESCRIBED INFORMATION, 7 CHARGES ON 2012/12/19

 
So, now we will see this out in court - I'm certain those affected by Bo's actions are looking forward to putting an end to this, and getting on with our lives. It appears there were many duped out of money by Viking.
 
What's amazing is that the Canadian authorities gave Viking Marine/Bo chances to redeem himself - in my case in early 2012 they brokered a deal where Bo agreed to send me my $4000 - he called me, apologized profusely, and agreed to pay me my money "within a month" - I did not believe him but said I would be ok with that ..... then he went MIA.... great to hear they tracked him down and served him.
  
I hope this helps folks make informed boat lift purchase decisions!

Happy New Year!


.

2 comments:

  1. Odd, I did as you said, followed the link and typed in "Viking" ... NOTHING came up relating to your supposed story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PDQ, see what I just posted for directions. Oh, and thanks!

    ReplyDelete